How to Apply
Application Checklists (Click to Open File):
- Descent Application
- Descent Replacement: Lost Document
- Descent Replacement: Damaged Certificate
- Replacement for Nationality issued by way of a Memo/Letter
- Replacement of Nationality Certificates: Transfer from Parents
- Replacement of Nationality Certificate: Regular (Without photograph, date of birth or damaged)
- Replacement of Nationality Certificate: Lost
- The checklist must form part of the application package
- Incomplete applications are not be accepted
- Electronic signatures are not accepted
- Laminated nationality certificates are considered damaged and must be replaced
Due to COVID-19, new procedures for the acceptance of applications have been implemented. It is a three step process:
1) Vetting process.
2) Prepayment process. All fees are non-refundable.
3) Courier of documentation.
The vetting process will be the first of three steps, so it is important that all steps be followed.
In order for the application process to be accepted you must scan and email all documents for vetting to firstname.lastname@example.org After you complete the application process kindly send us all documents in a file Subject: “Complete nationality application for vetting.”
Please take into account that the response time for vetting applications is between 3-4 business days. The Belize High Commission hereby underscores the need for the application package to be complete. The Belize High Commission’s personnel are unable to accept a package unless it is complete and as requested by the Department of Immigration of Belize.
If application is deemed complete, then the applicant will receive a confirmation email, with the next steps to follow.
Nationality Forms Through Descent
Renunciation of Citizenship
Applicants must contact the Consular Section of the Belize High Commission for the relevant forms regarding renunciation, providing a full mailing address to which the forms will be posted. Please email your request to: email@example.com