How to Apply
Requirements for Nationality by Descent Applications:
- Application Form (Adult +16 or Child) with overleaf certified declaration form affirming the relationship between the subject and parent, witnessed by a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public or Solicitor.
- The birth certificate of applicant that must clearly identify Belizean parent/s, translated to English if necessary, certified by the country of origin’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and legalised by the country of origin’s Embassy in London
- Documents establishing Belizean nationality of parents including Belize birth/nationality certificate and valid passport.
- Marriage Certificate – for applicants who hold the surname of the non-Belizean parent.
- Four (4) photographs (2” inches x 2” inches)
- Seventy-five pounds sterling (£75.00), payable by cash, international money order, postal order, or banker’s draft made out to the “Belize High Commission.”
Requirements for Transfer/Duplicate and Replacement certificates:
- Certified declaration form requesting transfer/duplicate or replacement certificate; reason for replacement (e.g. if damaged); applicant’s contact details
- Original Nationality Certificate for Replacement application; Certified Copy of Nationality Certificate for Transfer/Duplicate application
- Certified copy of valid passport
- Police Report for lost or damaged documents
- Three (3) photographs (2” inches x 2” inches)
- Certificates are issued in Belize by the Department of Immigration & Nationality – Seventy-five pounds sterling (£75.00) payable by cash, international money order, postal order, or banker’s draft made out to the “Belize High Commission.”
LAMINATED nationality certificates are considered damaged and MUST be replaced.
Citizenship by Descent
Click below to download the form to request the appropriate Citizenship registration form (PDF).
Click below to download the Declaration form (PDF). This must accompany the application forms below.
Click below to download the lost, stolen or damaged documents report form (PDF).
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Documentation
Birth Certificate Application
Renunciation of Citizenship
Applicants must contact the Consular Section of the Belize High Commission for the relevant forms regarding renunciation, providing a full mailing address to which the forms will be posted.
If you wish for us to return your documents to you via Royal Mail special delivery (THIS IS NOT A COURIER SERVICE), please include the postal fee of £7.00 for documents to be returned within the UK and £10 for documents within Europe. For all other destinations a courier service is suggested where the cost may differ.
the UK £7.00 and within Europe £10. For all other destinations a courier service is suggested where the cost may differ.