Do I need a Visa?
Please note that a visa does NOT guarantee entry into Belize, it is at the immigration officers’ discretion to allow entry into the country.
Please allow ample time to apply for a visa before travelling. The processing of visas may take a minimum of ONE (1) month.
All visitors must travel to Belize on a valid passport (non-expired). The passport must be valid for no less than six months after the intended period of stay in Belize.
Nationals of the following countries do NOT require a visa to enter Belize as a tourist for a period of up to 30 days.
– Any person who is the holder of a valid United States of America (USA) multiple entry visa or a valid Schengen multiple entry visa for a European Union (EU) member state.
– Citizens of the European Union Member States (EU) and their dependent territories
– Citizens of the Caribbean Community Member States (CARICOM) with the exception of Haiti
– Citizens of the United States of America and dependent territories
– Citizens of South American countries
– Citizens of South Africa, Tunisia, Morocco
– Citizens of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland
– Citizens of the Commonwealth Republics with the exception of the following: Bangladesh, Nauru, Cameroon, Pakistan, Chad, Sri Lanka, India, Mozambique, some East African Countries.
To confirm whether or not you need a visa, please see full country list.
In order to stay longer than 30 days as a tourist (not for paid or unpaid work) an Extension of Stay application must be submitted whilst in Belize at any of the Immigration Offices. It is best to submit an application at least 2 – 3 days before the 30 days period expires. This incurs a fee of BZ $100. Visas for work, both paid and unpaid, are only issued in Belize, call the consulate for further information.
One day cruise ship travellers do not require a visa for Belize.
How to Apply
Applications can be made in person or by post.
NOTE: An electronic copy of your application and all supporting documents MUST ALSO be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each individual, regardless of age, must make a separate application. Completed applications and supporting documents should be sent to the attention of the Consular Section. All applicants will be notified once a decision has been made.
Please see Visa Requirements for more information.
Statutory Instrument #42 of 2005 – Section 4 (2) provides a variation in fees for some nationals including holders of Diplomatic and Official passports. Generally the Visa fee is as follows:
- Single Entry
- Multiple Entry
Please check with Consular Services for the fees.
* Application Fees are Non-Refundable
Due to COVID-19, new procedures for the acceptance of visa applications have been implemented.
In order for the application process to be accepted you must scan and email all documents for vetting to email@example.com
The applicant should have accompanied with his or her application ALL relevant supporting documents listed on the Visa Requirements list.After you complete the application process kindly send us all documents in a file Subject: “Complete visa application for vetting.”
The Belize High Commission hereby underscores the need for the application package to be complete. If the application is deemed complete, then the applicant will receive a confirmation email, with the next steps to follow.
Requirements for Visa
Click the button below to download the visa requirements document. (PDF)
Click the button below to download the visa application form. (PDF)
Countries Belizeans do not require a Visa to visit
Click the button below to download the list of countries that Belizeans do not require a visa to visit. (PDF)