If you are travelling or transiting through Belize, you may require a Belize entry visa. The Consular Office at the Belize High Commission accepts visa applications for processing by the Belize Department of Immigration and Nationality in Belize.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR A VISA
To determine if you will need a tourist visa for Belize, please check the requirements for your country of nationality here.
Exemptions for Belize Entry Visa for visits not exceeding 30 days.
- If you hold a valid multiple entry visa for or have Permanent Residence for the United States of America.
- If you hold a valid multiple entry Schengen visa
- If you hold a valid multiple entry visa or Permanent Residence Card from Canada
- A visa allows you to enter Belize and legally remain in Belize for a maximum of 30 days from date of entry.
If you will be staying longer than 30 days in Belize, you will need to visit an Immigration Office in Belize to extend your stay.
While you may not require a visa to enter Belize or be exempted to apply for a Belize entry visa, any visit exceeding 30, 60, 90, and 180 days will require a visa and requisite extensions to remain legal in Belize. Visa extensions are only available once you are in Belize and there are Immigration offices conveniently located throughout the country.
TYPES OF VISAS (Only Tourist visas are processed at the Belize High Commission)
You may apply for a tourist visa if you are:
- spending a holiday or travelling
- temporarily carrying on any business, trade or profession
- investigating the possibilities of settlement in Belize
- Employment Visa
Employment Visa – (Must apply directly to DINS in Belize )- Check here
You may apply for an employment visa if you are:
- officially hired in Belize
- conducting a consultation visit
- sales representatives of an overseas companies
- Foreign media personnel
- Technical Professionals performing works in Belize
Student Visa – (Must apply directly to DINS in Belize) – Check here
You may apply for a student visa if you are enrolled in a
- Primary Institution
- Secondary Institution
- Tertiary Institution
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Once you have determined that you need a visa by checking the requirements for your country of nationality here.
- There is one application form to be used for both adults and minors.
- We have provided a checklist to assist you with the process.
- A completed copy of the application form must be submitted via email to the Belize High Commission along with copies of ALL supporting documents including proof of payment. The required documentation may vary dependent upon the applicant. Please use the checklist provided to determine what documents you will need and ensure that all documents are attached in the online contact form.
- The application will then be forwarded to the Department of Immigration and Nationality Services in Belize for processing. The process can take 2 – 3 months.
- Please ensure that you have received confirmation on your visa prior to booking any flights.
- Upon receiving confirmation that your visa is approved you will be notified to send or bring in your passport along with the original application to the Belize High Commission for the visa to be issued in your passport.
- You will then be required to arrange collection of your documents.
- Belize’s official language is English, and all documents provided MUST either be in English or be accompanied by a certified English translation of that document.
- Fees charged at Belize’s foreign missions include administrative expenses and vary from fees charged in Belize.
QUICK LINKS – Click the following links to access: