The Belize Postal Service is an essential service department. As such it will endeavor to continue to provide postal services to the Belizean public to the extent that it can reasonably do so.
Notwithstanding the above, the Belize Postal Service strives to make postal services available amid the detection of the COVID-19, the point must be emphasized that the safety and wellbeing of all its employees is of paramount importance. As such, every decision to continue to offer this vital service to the public will be taken with the safety and wellbeing of its staff into full consideration.
It is with this in mind that the Belize Postal Service informs the public of the following:
Inland Mail Services
- Effective Thursday, March 26, 2020, Inland Mail Service will return to normal for the southern districts, including Placencia, Independence, and the cayes after suffering a brief disruption that was caused by the rescheduling of domestic airlines. Please note that service to the western and northern districts continues.
- The Domestic Speed Mail service which offers speedy movement of mails around the country continues uninterrupted.
Foreign Mail Service
The suspension of flights to and from Belize has resulted in an interruption of the Foreign Mail Service.
- Effective immediately the Belize Postal Service will only be accepting mails destined to the United States of America.
Please note, however, that dispatches to the United States will be made-up and shipped only on Wednesdays. This is with effect from Wednesday, April 1, 2020, until further notice. As such, the close-off time for mails destined to the United States from the districts is on Fridays at 12:00 p.m., and at the General Post Office, Belize City, on Mondays at 3:00 p.m.
- The Belize Postal Service expects to continue to receive Foreign Mail dispatches from the United States Postal Service. This may also include transit mails from other countries. In any event, the arrival of any such dispatches will be only on Wednesdays.
- The Express Mail Service will continue to accept mails intended for express delivery. The Post Office, however, cannot guarantee the express delivery of any such category of mail.
- In keeping with the Ministry of Health’s recommendation on social distancing, customers are hereby informed that postmen will not be making any physical contact with the addressee while making house-to-house delivery. As a result, postmen will be placing customers’ mail at an appropriate location in front of their premises once visual contact is established.
For more information, contact:
General Post Office
Belize Postal Service website at www.belizepostalservice.gov.bz
Belize Postal Service Facebook page